Plan Your Visit
In an effort to keep everyone safe, we have updated our COVID-19 safety policies in accordance with guidance from the CDC effective Monday, March 7, 2022, as follows.
- Masks are optional indoors and outside for all guests.
- We encourage guests who are feeling ill or exhibiting cold symptoms to please stay home to prevent the spread of illness.
Gardens are open April through November.
Wednesday-Sunday, 10 am-6 pm
Wednesday-Sunday, 10 am-4 pm
Fridays, Memorial Day to Labor Day
Extended hours until 8 pm
Mt. Cuba Center is located near Wilmington, DE, just 4 miles north of Route 141. We are just a quick drive from Philadelphia (45 minutes), Baltimore (90 minutes), Washington, D.C. (2 ½ hours), and New York City (3 hours).
3120 Barley Mill Road
Hockessin, DE 19707
Get directions to Mt. Cuba or explore our favorite nearby restaurants, accommodations, and attractions.Get directions
Due to our rolling terrain and mulched paths, access to level, even terrain is limited. Please visit our Accessibility page to learn more.
Visiting with Children
We welcome gardeners of all ages! Baby carriers and backpacks may be helpful while exploring our hillside gardens and trails. All-terrains strollers are recommended.
Light refreshments are available for sale onsite, and guests may bring food and drinks. Take advantage of our shaded picnic area, find a seat in the gardens, or borrow one of our picnic blankets to use on the grounds. Guests are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle to help minimize waste and support Mt. Cuba’s commitment to conservation.
Garden and Trails Etiquette
- Accessing Mt. Cuba’s property is only permitted during our regular visitation season, April through November, by entering our Main Entrance and scanning your membership or purchasing a general admission ticket.
- Enjoy plants and wildlife from paths and lawns but please avoid stepping into garden beds and our native grasslands.
- Feel free to touch and smell our plants and admire wildlife from a safe distance; please do not damage or remove plant parts.
- Please do not disturb plant labels. Docents are available to answer any questions.
- Feel free to take photographs for personal use. Please inquire in advance for professional or commercial photography policies.
- Certified service animals are permitted at Mt. Cuba. No pets in the gardens or on the trails in our natural lands, please.
- We are a smoke-free facility. Smoking is only permitted inside personal vehicles.
We recommend bringing sunscreen and insect repellant for your comfort. After visiting the Trails, check for ticks in order to prevent lyme disease. For more information, visit cdc.gov/Lyme.
Upon entering the premises, you grant Mt. Cuba the right to film and photograph you for promotional purposes. Read our full photo policy.
Gardens and Trails Map
View or download Mt. Cuba’s guest map before you visit.
There’s plenty to see and do near Mt. Cuba. If you’re planning a trip, check out these great restaurants, hotels, and attractions nearby.