Plan Your Visit
Mt. Cuba Center is located near Wilmington, DE, on Barley Mill Road, just 4 miles north of Route 141. We are just a quick drive from Philadelphia (45 minutes), Baltimore (90 minutes), Washington, D.C. (2 ½ hours), and New York City (3 hours).
Get directions to Mt. Cuba Center or explore our favorite nearby restaurants, accommodations, and attractions.
New Safety Guidelines
Safety is our top priority. We ask all guests to please click here and review our updated guidelines before visiting to help keep everyone safe.
Due to our rolling terrain and mulched paths, access to level, even terrain is limited. Golf cart transportation to select locations throughout the garden is available upon request. For your convenience, wheelchairs, walking sticks and a walker are also available upon request at the front desk. Reservations are not required. Please call with any questions in advance of your visit at 302-239-4244.
See the variety of terrain, places for golf cart access, and locations of stairs throughout the gardens in this downloadable map, here. To learn more about Mt. Cuba’s efforts to become more accessible to all, please click here.
Download our guest map before you visit, here.
Light refreshments are available for sale onsite, and guests may bring food and drinks into the gardens. Take advantage of our shaded picnic area, find a seat in the gardens, or borrow one of our picnic blankets to use on the grounds. Visitors are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle to help minimize waste and support Mt. Cuba Center’s commitment to conservation.
- Enjoy plants from paths and lawns but please avoid stepping into beds.
- Feel free to touch and smell our plants; please do not damage or remove plant parts.
- Please do not disturb plant labels. Docents are available to answer any questions.
- Feel free to take photographs for personal use. Please inquire in advance for professional or commercial photography policies.
- Certified service animals are permitted in the gardens. No pets, please.
- We are a smoke-free facility. Smoking is only permitted inside personal vehicles.
Upon entering the premises, you grant Mt. Cuba Center the right to film and photograph you for promotional purposes. Read our full photo policy.