Plan Your Visit
Mt. Cuba Center is open for visitation Wednesday – Sunday from 10 am – 4 pm, April 4 – November 18, 2018. Gardens open until 8 pm on Thursdays through August and open at 8 am on the second Saturday of every month. Classes are offered year-round.
Mt. Cuba Center is located near Wilmington, DE, on Barley Mill Road, just 4 miles north of Route 141. We are just a quick drive from Philadelphia (45 minutes), Baltimore (90 minutes), Washington, D.C. (2 ½ hours), and New York City (3 hours).
Get directions to Mt. Cuba Center or explore our favorite nearby restaurants, accommodations, and attractions.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Route 82 is closed between Barley Mill Road and Way Road for long-term construction. Access Barley Mill Road by taking Creek Road to Mt. Cuba Road, or taking Ashland Clinton School Road to Creek Road. Route 141 between Routes 52 and 100 is undergoing long-term construction and travelers may experience backed-up traffic. Access Barley Mill Road by taking Route 82 to New London Road.
Due to our rolling terrain and mulched paths, wheelchair access is limited. Golf cart transportation to the Ponds is available upon request. Reservations are not required; inquire upon arrival.
Light refreshments are available for sale onsite, and guests may bring food and drinks into the gardens. Take advantage of our shaded picnic area, find a seat in the gardens, or borrow one of our picnic blankets to use on the grounds. Visitors are encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle to help minimize waste and support Mt. Cuba Center’s commitment to conservation.
- Enjoy plants from paths and lawns but please avoid stepping into beds.
- Feel free to touch and smell our plants; please do not damage or remove plant parts.
- Please do not disturb plant labels. Docents are available to answer any questions.
- Feel free to take photographs for personal use. Please inquire in advance for professional or commercial photography policies.
- Certified service animals are permitted in the gardens. No pets, please.
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
Upon entering the premises, you grant Mt. Cuba Center the right to film and photograph you for promotional purposes. Read our full photo policy.