Growing Together: A Home Garden Program
Creating beauty and sustaining nature… one garden at a time. Mt. Cuba Center’s trained volunteer garden coaches provide tips on sustainable yard care and native plants to homeowners in our area – resulting in stronger communities and more resilient eco–systems.
We offer consultations to approximately 30 homeowners each year on a first-come, first-served basis. Homes must be located within 15 miles of Mt. Cuba Center. Learn how to add beauty to your garden or neighborhood common space with native plants. Request a visit from one of our trained coaches by emailing email@example.com.
Benefits to participating homeowners:
- One home consultation with a volunteer coach
- Free, knowledgeable advice and follow-up resources
- Final result, beautiful gardens that support wildlife and provide enjoyment for family and friends
Participants are asked to:
- Complete a pre- and post-survey
- Communicate with your volunteer coach to arrange a visit plus acknowledge the resources sent
- Share periodic progress photos of your garden with Mt. Cuba