Grounds Maintenance Assistant
The Grounds Maintenance Assistant support the Grounds Team in the overall maintenance of Mt. Cuba Center’s landscape, including woody and herbaceous plantings, lawns, woods, garden features, paths and roadways.
Landscape and Grounds Care & Maintenance
– Assist in maintaining the health and look of turf through mowing, fertilizing, watering, weed-eating, aerating, and applying compost and compost tea
– Assist in maintaining woody and herbaceous plantings through planting, weeding, pruning, mulching, and other horticultural activities
– Assist in maintaining roads, pathways, and parking areas through surface maintenance, renovations, and leaf, debris, and snow removal
– Support the Horticulture Department teams by assisting with the maintenance of trees, shrubs, and plants through pruning, planting, transplanting, fertilizing, watering, and weeding
Maintenance & Repair Support
– Assist the Grounds team in making regular repairs to maintain the fences, walls, garden furniture, drains, catch-basins, bridges, curbing, patios, terraces, courtyards, and other hardscape features
– Perform regular repair and servicing activities to maintain the good condition of tools and equipment
– Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested. Contribute to MCC activities as required. Actively participate as a member of Mt. Cuba Center’s community
– Ability to safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and small and large engine equipment plus the ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
– Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
– Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
– Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
This position requires strenuous physical work including frequent standing, bending, twisting, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 50 pounds.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exception to the COVID vaccine requirement may be provided to individuals for religious or medical reasons.
Mt. Cuba Center is committed to diversity and inclusivity, and we encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and outstanding professional development opportunities.Apply Now