- This event has passed.
Unlike the stark white of paper, vellum has a warm color ranging from pale off-white to a rich honey. Additionally, the surface variation present in vellum results in a uniquely textured finished product. Learn very basic tips and techniques for painting on vellum, starting with simple exercises on vellum scraps. Margaret discusses how paint and vellum work together and demonstrations building color and form. Finish by painting a simple drawing on vellum.
Please bring your lunch.
A 4″ x 6″ piece of vellum can be purchased from the instructor for approximately $25, payable the day of class.If you already have a piece of vellum, please bring it to class.
- your favorite watercolor palette of colors
- brushes, including a #4 DaVinci or Raphael #8408 Kolinsky sable
- graphite pencils
- a piece of white foam core approx 8 x 10 or larger
- a white plate or porcelain palette for making color skins
- a dried or fresh subject, small and simple, that you love
(Snow Date: Thursday, January 30)