Technology Support Specialist
Mt. Cuba Center is seeking a part time Technology Support Specialist to provide exceptional service to the organization through various technology services. The Technology Support Specialist performs first tier software, hardware, A/V, phone, and network support and provides technical and instructional support on a wide range of applications including MS Office 365, collaboration tools such as Zoom, GoTo Meeting, and Teams, Adobe Creative Suite, GIS applications, and content management systems. This role requires a high level of administrative skill and is responsible for managing vendor accounts, making payments, procuring equipment, and maintaining the intranet and hardware/software inventory controls. The Specialist will be assigned various technology services tasks as needed. Areas of responsibility are:
- Act as first point of contact for technology support requests for the organization. Field requests for service via phone, email, and in person and determine nature and extent of support needed.
- Apply troubleshooting and analytical skills to resolve software errors and hardware malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Maintain ownership of the service ticket through to completion and maintain all components that support the help desk and service ticketing processes.
- Deliver training to users in startup, basic, and advanced use of technical resources; create user-based job aids for routine technical tasks and post to intranet.
Technology Department Assistance
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot a wide range of hardware, software, A/V equipment, and phone equipment; perform hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed and outside of standard business hours.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling training rooms, organizing meetings with vendors, manage vendor accounts, submitting receipts and ensuring timely vendor payments, procuring and recycling equipment, organizing equipment closets, and maintaining hardware/software inventory controls.
As the Technology Support Specialist, you will perform these responsibilities in alignment with our core values of mission above self, collaboration, remarkable experiences, respect for the individual, curiosity and creative license, and responsible stewardship.
Baseline qualifications include two years of experience in end user technical support or related field and administrative experience managing vendor payments and maintaining hardware/software inventory controls. Must have knowledge of software and network support for multiple users with basic skills pertaining to various web and virtualization technology including Terminal Server, Hyper V, HTLML, Azure, AWS, and CSS. Must have advanced understanding of computer and server operating systems, including usage of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Server, and Adobe Creative Suite products as well as advanced skills in the operation of HRIS, Accounts Payable, and Procurement systems. Must have a basic understanding of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting process for software, hardware, networking, TC/IP, and accessory equipment; troubleshooting skills for PBX and VOIP phone systems, knowledge of assembly/disassembly of computer and server components; and strong analytical, administrative and problem – solving skills. Familiarity with ITIL framework is highly desirable
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, organized and attentive to details, and have the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with staff and the public and to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties. We are looking for a strong team player who displays versatility with competing / changing demands and is willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
Mt. Cuba Center is committed to diversity and inclusivity and encourages qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply. Apply at https://mtcubacenter.org/employment/. Please provide a resume, letter of interest and contact information including a current email address for three professional employment references.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2022
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exception to the COVID vaccine requirement may be provided to individuals for religious or medical reasons.Apply Now