Seasonal Guest Experience Assistant
The Seasonal Guest Experience Assistant greets and assists visitors, while providing clerical support to the Guest Experience Department. Please note this is a seasonal, part time/non-exempt position.
Ticketing & Cash Handling
Sell tickets, memberships, public programs, and Mt. Cuba Center merchandise and ensures accurate cash handling procedures with great attention to detail
Greet guests in a friendly and enthusiastic way, answer questions, and attend to guest needs to ensure a positive experience while visiting Mt. Cuba Center
Clerical & Support
Support the clerical needs of the Guest Experience Department and provides support for guest events as needed
Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested. Contribute to MCC activities as required. Actively participate as a member of Mt. Cuba Center’s community
– A high school diploma or GED
– An active certification in a State of Delaware approved Alcoholic Beverage Servers Program or a willingness to complete the certification within 30 days of hire
– Basic math skills
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and general computer skills
– Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
– Ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public
– Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
– Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
– Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
– Physical requirements include the ability to stand for extended periods of time, ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and the ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
Bilingual skills are preferred but not required.
Please note this is a seasonal position working 16-24 hours per week throughout the visitation season (March – November) between the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. The hours are weekend heavy and occasional early mornings or later evenings may be required. Hours may flex up or down depending on the organization’s needs. Interested candidates must have the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
Mt. Cuba Center is committed to inclusivity and we encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply.