Operational Services Assistant
The Operational Services Assistant supports a remarkable guest experience at Mt. Cuba Center by performing custodial duties as well as room and event set up and breakdown in support of the Education and Guest Experience Division.
– Set up and break down interior spaces, providing programs with the necessary number and configuration of tables and chairs
– Set up and break down exterior spaces for outdoor programs, placing chairs, tables, trashcans, and tents in their proper places
– Provide custodial support during and after programs and events
– Perform custodial duties for Mt. Cuba Center, maintaining areas assigned; clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; sanitize and maintain restrooms.
– Support food and drink service when necessary
– Provide knowledge and guidance to support guest and organizational initiatives related to profession
– Lead, guide, and train employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work
– Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
– Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
– Ability and willingness to interact with guests on occasion, providing excellent customer service
– Ability to work both indoors and outdoors, weather permitting
– Working knowledge of custodial practices, supplies, and equipment preferred
– Requires moderate physical work; Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, carrying, lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds
Please note this is a part time, nonexempt position working under 1,000 hours per year. A typical schedule will include working weekday evenings and every other weekend; however, interested candidates must have the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed.Apply Online