The Membership Specialist is responsible for managing the recruitment, acknowledgement, fulfillment of benefits, renewal, and stewardship of Mt. Cuba Center members. Working in cooperation with other departments, the Membership Specialist oversees a variety of projects including member events and tours, email campaigns (MailChimp), membership sales, digital correspondence, and website content as it relates to communicating and cultivating both members and donors. This individual should have deep knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) best practices and functionality and analytical skills to create and maintain reports and dashboards. Additionally, this role will serve as the primary point of contact for all neighbor-related communications and activities.
Conceive, plan, and manage multi-channel strategies for the cultivation, acquisition, and renewal of members in collaboration with marketing. Set annual goals and identify opportunities and strategies to increase membership base and revenue.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and cultivation of new members, including campaigns for member upgrades and regular solicitation of member feedback.
- Act as primary contact for Mt. Cuba members and donors by responding to inquiries in a timely and efficient manner. Provide excellent customer service via telephone, email, mail, and in person. Coordinate customer service efforts, including answering questions, reconciling records, preparing benefits packets, and processing membership requests as needed.
- Work with Guest Experience to ensure effective on-site membership sales, including staff training, membership materials, and promotions to encourage non-member prospects to join.
- Develop, coordinate, and run member events including behind-the-scenes experiences, member-only ticketed events, and other member activities.
- Draft content for member newsletter and email marketing campaigns and promotions. Ensure brochures, cards, and other core membership materials are updated and printed in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate and analyze member surveys.
- Further devise ways to enhance member experience.
- Analyze and report on membership trends both within Mt. Cuba and industry wide.
Serve as the lead administrator of Mt. Cuba’s CRM platform with membership as a priority area of focus. Run CRM reports and track membership revenue, record gift transactions, compile mailing lists, and run additional reports as needed.
- Act as CRM lead for Mt. Cuba and work closely with other departments to ensure CRM works effectively and best practices are followed.
- Handle all administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, list management, and other routine tasks.
- Oversee CRM record management and data integrity, including timely migration of data, and segment contacts to meet organizational needs.
- Import membership, student, and guest data from Galaxy Ticketing system.
- Process gifts and acknowledgements.
- Develop reports to better understand Mt. Cuba’s constituent journey.
- Collaborate with marketing director on print collateral and design needs.
- Oversee proofing process to ensure materials are printed accurately and on time.
- Communicate design changes and feedback to external graphic designer.
- Coordinate multiple design projects simultaneously with printers and other external vendors.
- Function as the primary staff person for Mt. Cuba’s neighbor communications and related activities, including but not limited to the administration of the annual Neighbor Pass, planning and staffing the neighbor event, and ongoing list management and communication.
Program & Project Administration:
- Lead, guide, and train employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work.
- Work collaboratively with the management team on adopting and implementing organization-wide systems and help guide and execute the strategic goals of the institution to support Mt. Cuba Center’s mission.
Education / years & type of experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, communication, hospitality, etc.) or equivalent work experience
Baseline Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum three years membership related experience – ideally in membership and/or development (acquisition, retention, and upgrades) as revenue streams
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce), ticketing (Galaxy), and fundraising systems
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp
- Exemplary customer services skills and ability to collaborate with staff at all levels
- Fiscal responsibility including maintaining budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer software skills with proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
- Discretion and ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
Physical requirements (lifting, etc.):
- Ability to work within an office environment, but also in outdoor and garden spaces with uneven terrain. Ability to lift boxes holding marketing collateral materials weighing approximately 25 lbs.
FLSA Designation: Exempt
*The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exception to the COVID vaccine requirement may be provided to individuals for religious or medical reasons.
*Mt. Cuba Center is committed to diversity and inclusivity and encourages qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply.
*This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and outstanding professional development opportunities.