Developing a New Generation of Environmental Leaders
Internships are Mt. Cuba Center’s greatest investment in the future. Our mission is to inspire an appreciation for the beauty and value of native plants and a commitment to support the habitats that sustain them. We hope that our interns continue this trend for future generations to come.
Mt. Cuba Center’s internship program has the following objectives:
- Provide valuable skills, education, and experience that will help interns in their future professional endeavors
- Connect interns with professionals in the field for networking and mentorship opportunities
- Encourage and enable interns to pursue careers in conservation, public horticulture, or the nonprofit and cultural sectors
- Create responsible environmental stewards and advocates for education
We offer two types of internship programs:
Our Summer Intern program runs for 12 weeks and is designed for individuals who have completed at least their junior year of college in programs in environmental science, horticulture or plant sciences.
A One-Year Intern program for college graduates with a degree in horticulture, forestry, ecology, environmental studies, associated plant fields, or museum studies to become Botanical Gardening Professionals.
Compensation: On-site housing is available at no cost to the intern and pay is $11/hour for a 40-hour work week. One-year interns also receive medical coverage.
Mt. Cuba Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Interns are paid and on-site housing is provided. For more information, contact the Internship Coordinator, at 302.239.8886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 2020 internships included:
- Greenhouse Internship (Summer)
- Ecological Gardening in the Formal Gardens (Summer)
- Ecological Gardening in the Naturalistic Gardens (Summer)
- Arboriculture Internship (Full-Year)
- Guest Experience Internship (Full-Year)
- Native Plant Curation Internship (Full-Year)
- Natural Lands Internship (Full-Year)
All 2020 internships have been filled. Please check this page in December 2020 for our 2021 internships.