The Education Assistant delivers and supports educational programs that promote the mission of Mt. Cuba Center. This position completes Division projects and provides administrative support as needed.
Support Education Programs
– Support the successful implementation of education programs by completing all administrative and coordination activities. This includes preparing materials/supplies, assisting with classroom and A/V setup and breakdown, and providing excellent customer service to participants.
– Provide administrative support including fielding incoming phone calls and assisting in program registration.
Deliver educational programs that support the mission of Mt. Cuba Center
– Implement education programs related to horticulture, conservation, art and wellness.
Coordinate continuing education credits for courses and programs
– Work with multiple professional licensing agencies to provide CEUs for select classes, maintain CEU records for students and professional associations.
Support Guest and Organizational Programs related to Education
– Provide knowledge and guidance to support guest and organizational initiatives related to educational programs.
– Lead, guide, and train employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work
Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested. Contribute to MCC activities as required. Actively participate as a member of Mt. Cuba Center’s community
– Bachelor’s degree in education, horticulture, biological sciences or related field, and 2 years experience delivering or assisting with educational programs
– DOT Driving Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with staff, students, and the public
– Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
– Excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required
– Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
– Physical requirements include the ability to lift 30 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and walk over rugged terrain
Please note this is a part time, non exempt position working under 1,000 hours per year. A typical schedule will include working Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during normal business hours; however, interested candidates must have the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
Having trouble applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.