The Director of Human Resources oversees all department functions as it relates to compliance management, HRIS maintenance, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, employee relations, company culture, employee compensation and benefits.
This role requires administrative expertise in all functions of the department, but also vision for positioning the organization during a time of growth, implementing initiatives to improve organizational culture, and increasing employee satisfaction and retention.
This position serves as a business partner to management and executive leadership teams and oversees one part-time direct report.
· Provides leadership, development, and management of organization initiatives to implement human resources strategies
· Serve as a link between executive leadership, management, and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies, and helping to resolve work-related problems
· Develop process for sourcing, interviewing, and selection of key operational positions. Source and recruit quality candidates when needed. Establish tools to improve the recruitment and hiring process
· Improve new-hire onboarding process and establish new-hire orientation. Collaborate with leadership to create a branded platform to welcome new hires, and introduce them to the MCC culture
· Promote positive employee relations. Interpret and apply policies and procedures to ensure equitable treatment of employees. Provide guidance and direction on disciplinary actions, terminations, and corrective actions procedures.
· Build out ADP Workforce Now HRIS platform to administer and enhance payroll, benefits, onboarding, applicant tracking metrics reporting, and all other available opportunities available via the platform
· Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to maintain competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements. Participate in the design, development, communication, implementation and measurement of total rewards programs
· Advise senior staff and managers on compliance policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and workplace harassment, and provide training
· Manage all Workers’ Compensation claims management with MCO and TPA
· Track and report on all OSHA 300 and EEO-1 requirements, as well as manage all labor law posting requirements
· Manage the unemployment claims process to mitigate unemployment experience ratings, minimizing costs
· Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of direct team members relating to human resources, as well as facilitate their ongoing development
· Act as a backup for payroll processing in partnership with the Director of Finance & Administration
· Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions. Provide guidance to management to align the organization to effectively achieve its strategic and operating goals
· Mitigate risk for the organization by ensuring compliance across all HR functions
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
Experience: 5+ years working as an HR Generalist. Strong understanding of HR benefits administration, payroll, and other HR operative functions. Demonstrated ability to help create and facilitate company culture with positive employee relations and excellent retention. Previous experience acting as a sole practitioner in small to mid-sized company and previous experience working in a leadership position is a plus!
Technology: Proficiency in Microsoft suite and Outlook 365. Ability to navigate search engines and other online resources. Experience with HRIS and payroll platforms- ADP Workforce Now experience is a huge plus!
Please note this is a full time, exempt position. Please email email@example.com with questions or for help applying.