Mt. Cuba Center seeks a part-time Public Safety Officer to provide an exceptional visitor experience by maintaining a safe and secure environment for Mt. Cuba Center visitors and employees. Using excellent customer service skills, the Public Safety Officer circulates throughout the site, responds to visitor and staff concerns as they arise, and assists in the daily operations of the Visitor Experience Department by providing parking and setup/breakdown support.
This position is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. This candidate will be required to regularly work 12-24 hours per week, scheduled mainly between Wednesdays-Sundays during our visitation season (April- early November). The position will also be scheduled periodically for training and department updates outside of the normal schedule. This is a part-time position that will be limited to 1,000 hours maximum for the season.
This position will monitor safety and security of Mt. Cuba Center’s guests by working with staff to respond to emergencies, potential hazards, and other events that could be disruptive to the guest experience. Additionally, guest and event support will be needed such as directing parking, providing guest shuttle services, and answering general guest questions in a friendly and welcoming spirit.
A qualified candidate will possess a High School Diploma or GED as well as the following desired qualities:
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage independent projects simultaneously with great attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public
- Capable of independently making quick decisions with sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be at least 18 years of age
This position has moderate physical requirements including standing for extended periods of time, frequent walking on uneven terrain, and lifting up to 40 pounds. Mt. Cuba Center offers part-time staff competitive pay, access to our employee discount program, fun atmosphere, and a balanced work-life environment. We are looking for highly collaborative team members that will help us deliver remarkable experiences to our guests and hold a passionate enthusiasm for their work!
Having trouble applying? Please email email@example.com for help.