Gardens and trails are open Wednesday through Sunday from 10 am-6 pm. Plan your visit today!
Seasonal Operational Services Assistant
The Operational Services Assistant supports a remarkable guest experience at Mt. Cuba Center by performing custodial duties as well as room and event set up and breakdown in support of the Education and Guest Experience Division.
– Set up and break down interior spaces, providing programs with the necessary number and configuration of tables and chairs
– Set up and break down exterior spaces for outdoor programs, placing chairs, tables, trashcans, and tents in their proper places
– Provide custodial support during and after programs and events
– Perform custodial duties for Mt. Cuba Center, maintaining areas assigned; clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; sanitize and maintain restrooms.
– Provide knowledge and guidance to support guest and organizational initiatives related to profession
– Lead, guide, and train employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work
– Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
– Ability and willingness to interact with guests on occasion, providing excellent customer service
– Ability to work both indoors and outdoors, weather permitting
– Working knowledge of custodial practices, supplies, and equipment preferred
– Requires moderate physical work; Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, carrying, lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds
Please note this is a seasonal, nonexempt position working a max of 1,000 hours per year with an average of 15-20 hours per week. A typical schedule will include working weekday evenings and every other weekend; however, an alternative schedule that meets the candidate’s needs could be considered.
Mt. Cuba Center is committed to diversity and inclusivity, and we encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply.