Event Services Assistant
The Event Services Assistant (ESA) supports all responsibilities of the Event Services team, providing excellent customer service while participating in event planning, prep, setup, execution, and breakdown. Working closely with the Manager, Events Services, the ESA helps to maintain coverage of food and beverage services, vendor contracting and communications, and custodial duties and tasks, while also supporting new initiatives as Mt. Cuba Center continues to increase its programs and offerings.
- Support internal and public events and programs by providing excellent customer service and maintaining a high standard for the functionality and appearance of all event-related infrastructure
- Participate in event planning and preparations, collaborating with other event/program support staff and communicating with and scheduling external vendors when necessary
- Assist in both the setup and breakdown of interior and exterior spaces depending on the need of the program or event taking place. This includes setting up and breaking down tables, chairs, linens, place settings, food and beverage, as well as portable tents and a portable stage
- Prepare for events and programs by purchasing food and beverage items and preparing food and beverage displays/serving stations
- Provide food and beverage service during events as required
- Contract and communicate with external catering as required
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness for all facilities. Assist Event Services team with cleaning, dusting, and wiping furniture; vacuuming floors; emptying trash and recycling; refilling restroom dispensers; laundering of towels, tablecloths, etc. and maintaining any areas assigned
- Work closely with and back up the Manager, Event Services to maintain coverage of all team responsibilities, scheduling staff and filling in when needed
- Research, order, and maintain supplies and equipment to support the Event Services team
- Lead departmental initiatives as assigned, communicating with staff and managing vendor relationships as needed
- Provide knowledge and guidance to support guest and organizational initiatives related to profession
- High school diploma or GED and 1 year of relevant work experience
- An active certification in a State of Delaware approved Alcoholic Beverage Servers Program or a willingness to complete the certification within 30 days of hire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public, providing excellent customer service while working in a fast-paced environment
- Requires moderate physical work; frequent standing, bending, reaching. Must be able to lift objects up to 50 pounds
Please note this is a Full Time, nonexempt position with a 37.5 hour week. A typical schedule will include working weekdays with some evenings and occasional weekends, holidays, and special events as needed; however, an alternative schedule that meets the candidate’s needs could be considered.
Mt. Cuba Center’s total rewards program includes competitive benefits, compensation, and perks. It is designed to promote transparency and strengthen our culture, values, vision, and mission. The compensation for this Full Time position is expected to start at $16 per hour. We craft offers with the uniqueness of our final candidate in mind and determine a compensation package based on their experience, skills, and abilities. Full Time staff members also enjoy participation in our incredible Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 401k plan with an employer contribution of up to 8%, generous paid time off and leave policies, free admission to our garden, access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), professional development opportunities and more!
Mt. Cuba Center is committed to diversity and inclusivity, and we encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or need help applying, please email HumanResources@mtcubacenter.org.