In accord with the CDC’s determination and Governor John Carney’s revised guidance that fully vaccinated individuals may safely interact without masks, Mt. Cuba Center has revised COVID-19 policies and protocols in a number of ways, effective Friday, May 21st.
For our members, guests, and students these changes include:
- Fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks indoors or outdoors and do not need to social distance. Someone is considered fully vaccinated when they are 14 days past their final dose.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks in indoor spaces. In outdoor spaces, wearing a mask is only required if you are not able to socially distance three feet or more from individuals who are not in your household.
- Guests are welcome to roam freely throughout the Gardens. One-way circulation and pre-determined routes throughout our paths will be discontinued.
- Public areas of the Main House are reopened to guests.
- Sale of prepackaged food items will resume at the refreshment station.
- Sale of retail items including books, tumblers, and bumper stickers resumes.
- On-site class capacities will be increased slightly.
Mt. Cuba will continue regular sanitation of commonly used areas and touched surfaces. Hand washing and other hygiene protocols remain in place as well.