Date: Friday, June 2
Time: 10 am -8 pm
Rain Date: Saturday, June 3
Let your creativity blossom while you draw, paint, or photograph Mt. Cuba Center’s natural, beautiful, and ever-changing gardens. Meet other participating artists and enjoy a lovely day of art and inspiration.
Although this is a free event for participating artists, registration is required. Call 302.239.4244 or click below to register.
Note that Mt. Cuba Center is a carry-in, carry-out facility. Please review the Artist Guidelines below in advance.
- Art-In participants must stay on the designated paths and lawn areas only. Plants are in various stages of maturation and some may not be easily seen. Some plants can be seriously damaged and set back several years if stepped on or by setting a tripod on their hidden growing point.
- Tripods may be used; however, they must be kept within designated paths and lawn areas, and with appropriate regard for planted areas.
- When setting up gear, ensure there is sufficient clearance for tours and visitors. The gardens are open to visitors, please do not block passageways. Please note that you may be asked to move your set up by staff to accommodate mowers and for other maintenance issues.
- All solvents, waste water and trash must be removed from the site. No dumping of any solid or liquid art medium is permitted in the house or gardens. Mt. Cuba Center is a carry-in, carry-out facility.
- Please do not handle the plants or move labels in any way.
- All photographs taken are for personal use only.
- In the event of high winds or lightning, the garden will close. Please return to the Main House as quickly as possible when directed to do so by Mt. Cuba Center staff.
- Light refreshments are available for purchase onsite and our picnic area is available. Drinking water is available in the Main House. We encourage visitors to bring a reusable water bottle in order to minimize waste and support Mt. Cuba Center’s commitment to conservation. Please plan accordingly.
- We encourage you to pack and travel light since access to the gardens is only accessible by foot.
- If you have any questions about these guidelines, please ask a Mt. Cuba Center staff member.