Plan Your Visit
Mt. Cuba Center reopens for visitation on Saturday, April 1st. Classes are offered year-round.
Mt. Cuba Center is located near Wilmington, DE, on Barley Mill Road, just 4 miles north of Route 141. We are just a quick drive from Philadelphia (45 minutes), Baltimore (90 minutes), Washington, D.C. (2 ½ hours), and New York City (3 hours).
Get directions to Mt. Cuba Center or explore our favorite nearby restaurants, accommodations, and attractions.
Due to our rolling terrain and mulched paths, wheelchair access is limited. Golf cart transportation to the Ponds is available upon request. Reservations are not required; inquire upon arrival.
Please bring a picnic to enjoy as food and beverages are not sold on-site. Guests may take advantage of our shaded picnic area, find a seat in the gardens, or borrow one of our picnic blankets to use on the grounds.
- Enjoy plants from paths and lawns but please avoid stepping into beds.
- Feel free to touch and smell our plants; please do not damage or remove plant parts.
- Please do not disturb plant labels. Docents are available to answer any questions.
- Feel free to take photographs for personal use. Please inquire in advance for professional or commercial photography policies.
- Certified service animals are permitted in the gardens. No pets, please.
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas only.
Upon entering the premises, you grant Mt. Cuba Center the right to film and photograph you for promotional purposes. Read our full photo policy.