The Event Services Attendant is responsible for supporting internal and public Mt. Cuba Center events by participating in event planning, providing event preparation and set up, food and beverage service, customer service and light custodial duties.
We are seeking highly collaborative team members that put our mission first and will help us deliver remarkable experiences to our guests!
Schedule: Generally 16-20 hours per week scheduled over 2-4 days (Wednesday-Saturday). The “normal” shift occurs 10:30 am – 2:30 pm, but we require someone with flexibility to accommodate programs/events outside of those hours as they are booked. We can work with the availability & preference of qualified candidates to set a mutually beneficial schedule.
Event & Guest Support
- Support internal and public events by providing event staffing, providing excellent customer service and maintaining a high standard for the display and appearance of all event activities
Food and Beverage Service
- Prepare for events by purchasing food and beverage items and preparing food and beverage displays for events
- Provide food and beverage service during events as required
Event Set Up and Break Down
- Set up tables, chairs, linens, place settings, food and beverage service, and/or décor per event specifications
- Conduct post-event clean up/break down
Light Custodial Duties
- Maintain high standard of cleanliness for all facilities. Assist with cleaning, dusting, and wiping furniture; vacuuming floors; emptying trash and recycling; refill restroom dispensers; laundering of towels, tablecloths, etc. and maintain any areas assigned
- Launder linens as required
- Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Server Certification (may be obtained upon hire)
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Requires moderate physical work; Frequent standing bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, carrying, lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds
Mt. Cuba Center, a premier native plant garden, is dedicated to supporting the environment through the practice and promotion of ecological horticulture. Mt. Cuba Center’s gardens and programs inspire an appreciation for the beauty and value of native plants and commitment to protect the habitats that sustain them.
We offer staff competitive pay, access to our employee discount program, a fun atmosphere, and a balanced work-life environment.
HAVING TROUBLE APPLYING? PLEASE EMAIL CAREERS@MTCUBACENTER.ORG FOR HELP!